Monday, March 7, 2011

Blossoms and Buds


Created like our Creator, I like to create. I like to make things with my hands whether it is purposely edible or not. I enjoy to see what jumps off of my sewing machine or what comes out of my oven. It's fun to see one of my children using it or eating itl.

There has been a baby boom in my circle of local relationships, so I've been busy at the sewing machine upscaling clothes into baby clothes or making baby booties with contrasting colors and materials or little hats that go "pop!"

Spring where I live comes on slowly and methodically. When once going outside for a walk was a silent and peaceful stroll, it now becomes a symphony of sounds from the barking dogs down the street to the calling birds in the trees to the dripping water from the eaves. Spring is soon coming, and I look forward to the bountiful blossoms after a long winter's sleep.

With spring comes the changing of the rotating menus. I've gone through the recipes that I've accumulated over the year from magazines or library books or online sites. I go through those recipes and choose ingredients that are fresh in this season. Then, I replace some of last year's repeat recipes to freshen up our palates a bit. Some recipes just won't work well with littles; those will have to wait until we are old and littles are no longer in the house. Some I just want to have regardless whether they like them or not. A sampling that made it to the spring menu that I look forward to are: Grilled 4 Cheese Sandwiches, Cinnamon Beef , Portobello Burgers w/ Green Sauce & Smoked Cheese, and Potato Perogies.

Here's to looking forward to a new season. Bring on the buds!

1 comment: