Monday, August 9, 2010

Brokenness and Dis-Ease


People whose hearts are broken from the pain of life are susceptible to bodily consequences. I once heard a man speak that when we have pains of hurt and unforgiveness that it is a dis-ease within our spirit. That dis-ease keeps us uptight, locked in a place of stagnancy where we cannot grow or mature beyond that place. It is frustrating to think that we can give such control over our own lives to others who may not be aware of the offense or who even give a care. Why do we do this to ourselves?

Most recently, I have been reminded of this through the death of a young man. It may not have been even the cause of his death, but I cannot help wondering what deep things concerned him, what pains he carried... If it weren't for God's abounding grace, I too would be overwhelmed with the pain of the past. Through God's tender prodding and His gentle guidance, I was able to pass from a death, a dying within my heart to a vibrant life. No more dis-ease in my life. God brought the freedom that I so needed to really live. And, isn't THAT what Christ died for? Not to just free us from the guilt of sin, but to free us to live, to REALLY live.

Today I'm grateful to GOD who really does love me (and everyone else on this planet). He cares about the details in our lives. He created us with giftings and a unique personality, set of fingerprints, expression, etc. that HE absolutely adores. I really am grateful for his choosing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment