Monday, November 2, 2009

Stop. Drop. And Rolling with the punches...


This week my life got a bit jumbled in action. We had our washing machine overflow, for 30 minutes, upstairs, while I slept literally feverishly beside my son for a nap...results? A flood pouring forth from the second floor all the way to the basement. Stop. Drop (a boatload of towels). And Roll (sop up as much water as possible from top to bottom and every floor in between). Enter the insurance company. Enter the restoration company. Exit the family of ten in 24 hours for one week while the job gets underway. Ahhh... says the mother. YAhhh... say the children. Okaaaay...says the papa.


I mean, I wanted to give our home a facelift and all, with a coat of paint or two or 25. I also wanted to get away for a few days. But THIS combination is just about sending me over the edge. What edge you say? The lunatic one complete with the little white jacket, the straight one!


I am thankful that I will have two new bathroom floors when this is all finished. I am thankful that the children will have gone swimming for hours and hours (counting that for P.E., I am!). I am thankful for the reprieve from my life. I am glad to have the "facelift" jump-started. Learning curve here...I'm not as flexible as I'd like to think. Opportunity for growth without a doubt. Need to embrace it...but I need a lot of help.

No comments:

Post a Comment